As you all know....I am really at the blogging thing. Today I need to vent. What is going on with today's customer service? Are people that complacent that they don't care? I had 2...TWO....DOS...back to back experiences today. It just reinforces that Sunday IS the day of rest and not to go out and run errands.
Incident number 1...Valvoline. Oh my. Everything was going great. Getting the much needed and overdue oil change. I paid and left. Well, I thought I would check out my new windshield wipers. I pushed the button for the washer fluid...nothing. It's empty. They didn't fill it up. So, I turn around and bring it back. Mind you I'm already up the road for my next stop. I get there and this kid who doesn't look old enough to even have a drivers license comes out. I tell him that my windshield washer fluid was not added and showed him my reciept. He asks me "Are you sure?" Ummmm excuse me? You are kidding right. I calmly responded...yes I am sure...there is no windshield washer fluid coming out. We walk out to my car. He can't figure out how to open the hood. I am standing next to him thinking I'm going to pop this kid in the head. Instead I kindly ask him to step aside and I will open it for him. I get it open, he turns red. He brings out the fluid and fills it up. I ask for the manager because I noticed another problem...the cap on the battery was still open. Though minor and I could of easily done it myself...I pointed it out. I figured I already made Doogie turn red....what's one more. He fixes it and tells me the next time I come in I can have a discount. I asked for a free oil change. I got it!
On to CVS...incident number 2. I'm checking out and the price comes out higher than it is supposed to be. The clerk "Velma" is this older lady that looks like she could snap at anytime. I was only buying one item. I told her the correct price...she told me "No, you are wrong, the computer says $6.79". I told her the price on the shelf is $5.79. That's right, I'm going to fight for the $1.30 difference after taxes. So I asked if I could show her. She walks with me looks at the price, compares it for a few more minutes and still tells me...I am sorry, you are wrong. WHAT!!!!???? I'm thinking I'm on Candid Camera at this point. I asked her how I am wrong with the price is CLEARLY on the shelf. She said her computer is correct and she will have to get the manager. At this point I'm ready to leave. The manager comes out and asks what the problem is. I told her I was being overcharged for an item and went through the whole thing all over again. FINALLY...I WIN!!! I get my one item, they give me a mile long of coupons which I throw away when I walk out.
Seriously....WTF....what is going on? What happened to the customer is right? Why did I have to go through a rougher debate that the Presidential Debate from the other night?
I am going to stay away from all stores on Sundays. The Chiefs need to win. KC is a happier place when they do.....
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Customer Service
Posted by Carla at 12:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
people were INSANE yesterday. seriously. out of their damn minds.
KC did win on Sunday...maybe it takes a few days for the joy of the win to take effect :p
Post a Comment